Friday, March 2, 2012

5 days in counting!!!

Today's my birthday! I'm so lucky that I have the opportunity to see my friends and family before my departure. It's a interesting situation to get ready to leave for the next two years. No matter what I do however, I will never be prepared for the experience I am getting ready to embark on. I was lucky enough to be able to spend the past two months with my family and husband. But I feel truly lucky and blessed to have this opportunity to go and follow my passion. I remember being 12 or 13 and watching Oprah's South Africa special. I knew at that point I wanted to do international work. I didn't know how or what I was going to be doing but I knew that was my passion. So here I am know. I've gotten rid of most of my possessions, made all arrangements and am leaving all luxuries behind. My father always told me in life we have to do three things in order to achieve a goal. Vision, sacrifice and work. I have had the vision for a long time, I am definitely making sacrifices and the work is something I have done along the way. So here I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment