Sunday, June 3, 2012

Making lemonade out of life!

Sorry it's forever since I have posted anything but I will just post 1 at this time: So here we go!
5/30/12
Today was one of those. I woke up and told myself that today would be great day but in my gut I felt something different. I got dressed and did my normal morning routine with anxiety. I feel as though I can feel when something bad is going to happen. But I went to the office to find that I was suppose to go with some HSA’s to an outreach. When we left they were weird acting. We got there and I felt nothing. So I tried my best to feel comfortable. But it ended up making me like shit afterwards. C/ildren yelling Chinese jesters towards me….ah! But then I started working on my garden. I then felt a little bit better. Then I made it my own.  My friend Dyna came over and helped me finish it. It was beautiful it even started to rain…during the dry season. A kid said in perfect English for a Malawian “ God must love you to make it rain for your garden”. WOW! A total ah-ha moment. Sometimes god gives us a shitty beginning to make us really really appreciate the good good times. So I was suppose to have dinner with my new friend Dyna in the beginning of the day I didn’t feel up to it but after accomplishing my garden I felt up to it. So I did so walking to meet her mom. When her mom walked out my jaw almost dropped to the ground. I met this lady a few weeks ago when I had first arrived to help out in the ARV clinic. I asked her if she would be interested in taking natural medicine. There was something special about this woman, I could see it in her eyes. She said yes that she would do it because it was easier than remembering Western medicine. From our converstation I was motivated to pursue natural medicine. Who new this woman would be her mom! Amazing! I was invited for dinner we sat under the stars as I ate some of the best Nsima, Masamba and Sinjiro. I asked God that day to help me learn Chichewa but when I’m with that family I am learning more and more. I feel as though I am fluent. Completely different from how I felt earlier in the day. Life is amazing and I am truly grateful for each moment. Thank You God!

No comments:

Post a Comment